How to create a marketing persona for Cheryl Hole, Gothy Kendoll & Divina De Campo
The first step to developing a marketing strategy is to define your target audience. You want your marketing to have impact, you want to get engagement? Well you better work at it! If you make generic statements such as “We are the best agency”, your message will be lost against the backdrop of all the other basic agencies saying the exact same thing.
But how do you create content that is effective? A great strategy is to develop a handful of personas.
What is a marketing persona?
A marketing persona (buyer persona) is the description of an individual or company that is your typical client.
You want to research and develop your persona as much as possible. Give them names and treat them like real people. What are their needs, wants and how do they think? Understanding them will make it much easier to think of your clients as real people and get them to engage with your online presence.
Personas for; Cheryl Hole, Gothy Kendoll & Divina De Campo
Name: Cheryl HoleKey Identifiers: Unnecessary tongue popsBackground: Cheryl is a stunning tongue popping diva from the Haus of Edwards. She’s frustrated after yet another week in the bottom on Drag Race UK so she needs to make some coin to improve her runways, this requires an Ecommerce site to do so. Goals:
• Wants to have an online platform to sell merchandise
• Wants to display her calendar online so agents know when she’s available for booking.Challenges:
• Has breakdowns easily
• She’s not the most fashionable queen
• Getting Belfast to book her
Name: Gothy KendollKey Identifiers:
• Likes to have her face painted at the zoo for 50 pence
• Wears a lot of blackBackground: Gothy Kendoll is the UK’s version of Porkchop as the first eliminated queen from Drag Race UK. After being the first eliminated Gothy is unsatisfied with her online presence and wants to increase this. She does not have a website and if her presence doesn’t increase soon fears she may have to become an estate agent.Goals:
• Wants to become a bigger influence online
• Wants to have her own websiteChallenges:
• Was the first eliminated so had less time for people to get to know her, therefore interest is low.
Name: Divina De CampoKey Identifiers:
• 1/3 of The Frock Destroyers
• A red wig and a silver dressBackground: Divina De Campo is an English drag queen from Brighouse, West Yorkshire. She currently has her own website, but conversion rates are quite low and people do not use the site as much as she would like.Goals:
• Wants to increase engagement and conversion rates from her website.Challenges:
• A busy schedule
• Always talked over
Now we have defined our personas. How do we use them in our marketing?
When creating our marketing material it is all too easy to start talking in a very boring, corporate-way to convey messages. But when you focus your content at the specific personas, it is much harder to fall into that trap.
Think about how your persona talks and what platforms they use the most. Let’s look at a generic social media post and how we would adapt it to target each of our personas (queens).
Divina De Campo:
Now, let’s see which post gets the most engagement!